- PCA utilizes an HVAC air filtration system to assist in reducing airborne contaminants, including particles containing viruses.
- Classrooms, restrooms, and common touch points will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer is available in every classroom and throughout the halls.
- Drinking fountains have been converted to bottle fillers to limit common touch points.
- Students are encouraged to wear masks, but are not required.
- Students should be screened by parents for symptoms of illness (cough, sore throat, fever, etc.) prior to attending school, riding the bus, or participating in extracurricular activities.
- If symptoms develop during the school day, parents need to make arrangements to immediately pick up the student from school.
- In-person activities such as assemblies, programs, Parent Teacher Meetings, and concerts will take place.
- Regular class and club meetings will be held in Gr. 7–12.
- Students will have access to hot self-serve lunches and cafeteria seating.
Positive Cases and Close Contacts
- To report a positive case, or if you have COVID-related questions, contact the office:
- Students who test positive or who develop symptoms after being identified as a close contact with an infected individual will need to isolate at home until one of the following criteria have been met:
- Student receives a negative test and is asymptomatic.
- 10 days have passed since symptom onset or positive test result, fever resolved for at least 24 hours, and other symptoms improving.
- Student receives a doctor’s written permission to return to school.
- If an asymptomatic student is identified as a close contact to an infected individual, including a member of a student’s household, the student will need to quarantine according to the following criteria:
- Student receives a negative test 4 days after the date of exposure.
- Student remains asymptomatic and 7 days have passed since the date of exposure to positive individual.
Exception: Asymptomatic students who have been identified as close contacts do not need to quarantine if they have personally tested positive within the previous 90 days or have been fully vaccinated.
- Students in isolation or quarantine will be provided lesson video streaming access to continue their studies while at home. Students who participate daily in their video streaming and complete the assigned work will be counted present. Students who do not participate during their quarantine will receive excused absences for illness and may be required to make up the work when they return.