In 1952, Arlin and Beka Horton came to Pensacola to start a Christian school. After two years of preparation, the school opened, and God blessed their labors beyond their dreams. The goal of Pensacola Christian Academy remains unchanged: to give each student an excellent education and a truly Christian foundation.
Arlin and Beka Horton started Christian Grade School in a new 3-classroom building at 1000 W. Avery Street with 35 students (K–2).
Three 66-passenger school buses were purchased.
Hot lunches served for $.30/day.
Steady growth required several additions to the Avery Street building.
Grades 10–12 were added after purchasing a school building on the north side of town on St. John Street.
A new elementary building (24 classrooms) was constructed near the high school. Total enrollment that year reached 1,300 students. Several classrooms were later added.
First science fair
First graduation (4 graduates)
A major renovation of the high school building added a new entrance, library, locker rooms, and additional classrooms.
A separate building (25 classrooms) was constructed on Fuhrman Drive to accommodate the growing kindergarten program.
First senior trip to Washington, D.C.
Pensacola Christian earns accreditation status through the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS).
First computer Lab
Name changed to Pensacola Christian Academy. PCA’s facility was completed, allowing all grade levels (K–12) to move into one location. Enrollment 2,265.
Baseball field constructed on Airport Blvd.
Students begin using iPads in class.
Modern rubberized track replaces former asphalt track.
PCA integrates digital textbooks.
New outdoor basketball court facility with adjustable goals accommodates students of all ages.
PCA completes a new playground for kindergarten and lower elementary students.
Students enjoy a fleet of 10 new air-conditioned buses.